There many different types of people (paddlers), styles of paddling, places and ways to enjoy canoeing. These range from the madcap adrenaline rush down to the sedate mid summer potterings.
For example if you want to:
- learn how to serenely paddle around a slow moving river or lake on sunny afternoons
- take you and your family, safely, out for a day or longer on a river
- paddle and surf the coastline of the UK (or wider afield, should that take your fancy)
- go river touring and enjoy some of the easier fun moving water the UK has to offer
- race down boiling white water slaloming around rocks, catching eddies no bigger than your boat
- career down narrow gorges and launch yourself off the top of precipitous waterfalls
...or anywhere in between really
then you've come to the right place!
What we're not going to do is tell you to go and buy the latest kit then drive to a big rapid and chuck yourself in at the top and figure it out on the way down.
What we'd rather you do is:
- start off on the right footing and find out if this is for you or not. Maybe attend a couple of taster sessions either in the pool at Yate or evenings at the Shallows, Saltford (between Bristol and Bath)
- learn the basics, attend some of the training courses and maybe work towards getting your one, two or three star awards
- attend club paddles and gain experience in the great outdoors.
- borrow boats and kit (paddles/boyancy aids, helmets ...) from us
- listen and learn from the very experienced and enthusiastic team of trainers, paddlers that belong to the club
- make lots of new paddling friends.
Still interested? Then click on "Become a Member" and join up. We look forward to meeting you.